Even though we pre-qualify solar panels companies, it is important for you to get accustomed with each installer yourself. A professional company will perform your site assessment, shading analysis, provide you with a solar modules layout, quote and financial analysis of your solar investment.
Here is a list of some questions you might want to ask:
- Do you have experience installing solar panel systems in Ontario? How many systems have you installed in Ontario?
- Can you provide a list of past customers who would be willing to provide references?
- Are your installers qualified to install the project? Do they meet all necessary safety regulations, licensing and certification requirements?
- Are you registered with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you provide warranties on your labour and products?
- Do you have general liability insurance to cover property damage or injury?
- Do you have any pending or active legal judgements against your company?
- Will you assess my property to ensure that the system is installed at an optimal location? For example, will you ensure that my solar panel system is not in a shaded area?
- Will you order all the required equipment for the project? What is the full cost of the total installation?
- Is there any fees that are not included on the quote?
- What are the ongoing operating and maintenance costs I can expect and who will be responsible for them?
- Will you arrange for all necessary approvals and permits? This includes:
- Building Permit(s)
- Offer to Connect from the Local Distribution Company (LDC)
- Authorization to Connect from the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA)
- Renewable Energy Approval, if required.
- Will you work with my Local Distribution Company to arrange for connection to the grid? This includes:
- preparing the connection configuration diagrams
- arranging for payment of the connection costs
- helping prepare the connection agreement with the local distribution company
- arranging for installation and testing of the meter.
- Will you help me prepare my microFIT Program application?
Now you know what to inquire from a solar panel company. To get in touch with leading solar panel installers in Ontario, fill out the request for quotes and proposals.